Re: [guadec-list] Hotel in Birmingham?

Hi Quim,

----- "Quim Gil" <qgil gnome org> wrote:
> The problem is to have so many alternatives.  ;)
>
> Yeah, I saw those pages in guadec.org. It isn't clear though where
> people is actually staying. http://www.visitbirmingham.com/guadec2007
> shows another list of hotels and i.e. the Etap is not there.
>
> So, basically we want to make our group reservation in a hotel:
>
> - With trustful Internet Connection.

Maybe I'm too cynical but I very rarely have this in any hotel ;-) In theory BT have installed a city centre wide wifi zone (free access to city info, pay for the rest of the internet). Unfortunately I haven't had time to find out whether it's gone ahead as planned or which areas it currently covers.

> - Ideally at a walking distance from the venue, or a very simple
> connection with public transport.

All the accommodation listed on the guadec site is within walking distance from the venue and all attractions of the city centre. Formulae 1 and Backpackers are probably the furthest out. The Copthorne is the nearest right next to the conference venue.

> - About price, as a reference decent 3 stars is fine.
> - It would be nice if other GUADEC participants are staying there as
> well.

All the sponsored participants will be staying at the Etap. I think many of those travelling independently will stay there too. I think the Sun guys are staying at the Holiday Inn (about 1 block away) and Novell and OH at a Comfort Zone apartment(s) in the Beetham Tower (next to the Holiday Inn).

Regards, Paul

--
Paul Cooper                    |  Tel: 0121 634 1620
Assistant Director             |  Fax: 0121 634 1630