Re: [guadec-list] Hotel in Birmingham?

The problem is to have so many alternatives.  ;)

Yeah, I saw those pages in guadec.org. It isn't clear though where
people is actually staying. http://www.visitbirmingham.com/guadec2007
shows another list of hotels and i.e. the Etap is not there.

So, basically we want to make our group reservation in a hotel:

- With trustful Internet Connection.
- Ideally at a walking distance from the venue, or a very simple
connection with public transport.
- About price, as a reference decent 3 stars is fine.
- It would be nice if other GUADEC participants are staying there as well.

If the Etap fits in the profile and is where most people is staying,
great. If not, a default suggestion would definitely help. It is more
funny to have a high concentration of participants in one place/area
rather than be spread across the city, isn't it?

Thanks!

Quim

On 6/10/07, Thomas Wood <thos thos me uk> wrote:

On 10 Jun 2007, at 09:31, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:

> Hey Quim
>
> On 6/9/07, Quim Gil <qgil gnome org> wrote:
>> Any specific recommendation for a hotel? The maemo troup needs to book
>> accomodation and it's always more fun to stay where other gnomers plan
>> to stay.
>>
> Check out:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2007/AccommodationCollaboration
>
> If I understand correctly, sponsored participants are staying in Etap
> hotel, I guess most gnomies will stay there too.

There's also <http://guadec.org/accommodation> which lists a few
alternatives!

Regards,

Thomas