Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC budget

The details of the expenses need to be confirmed with Vilanova  -
Generalitat (and having thos list helps a lot), but as far as I know:

En/na Dave Neary ha escrit:

> * Equipment hire (typically this is not included in rental of the site -
> check with university)

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

> * Security (1 week, 2 guards, roughly €600 per day, see with university)

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

> * Insurance (I have no idea)

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

> * Network equipment (bandwidth?, switches, Wifi hotspots, extension
> chords, see with college what they have)

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement. Basically the agreement
covers 'enough wireless bandwidth available' (we haven't specified the
bandwith we require, please give numbers to make sure we have what we
need). There will also a computer room for people not carrying laptops.
By "extension chords" do you mean plugs to switch a network cable?

> * Printing (T-shirts: 400 * €5 per, programmes: 500 for a total of
> €1500, posters/banners?)

Also printing the program. This falls in our side, yes.

> * Hospitality (coffee/sandwiches/water fountain?)

We initially decided that participants would pay their own drinks and
food. We should have this hospitality for speakers and organisation team
including volunteers, at least. We need to decide what we offer for how
many people and then ask the university Cafeteria for a quote.

> * Bribes? (OK, maybe not)

Users with appropriate permissions find the detailed list in a fourth
page of the Gnumeric file (ok, maybe not).  ;)

Moving to Andy's list:

  Facilities
     Payment to the university        -- ?

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

     Hiring a sound technician        -- ?
     (necessary if we rent sound equipment)

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement???? Need to ask.

     Renting the tent                 -- ?

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

     Refreshments/catering            -- ?

See "Hospiality" above

     Renting sound equipment
     (especially for the tent)        -- ?

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

     Renting video camera(s)          -- ?

Ok, this is not covered. Please specify needs and, if possible a quote
since Fluendo/you will be managing the video operation.

     Networking expenses              -- ?
     (speaking of which, how do we get network there?)

Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement. Official wireless will
be provided. Also, http://en.fon.com/ is in our list of sponsors to
contact and we could offer something cool in exchange of a cool
sponsorship. They git recently funded by Google and Skype, they could be
interested in the GUADEC participants like Nokia did with their 770's.

     Utilities                        -- ?

Can you specify?

I'm waiting for a secon round in order to have a list of possible
expenses to doublecheck with Vilanova-Generalitat to make sure it is
covered by the sponsoship agreement. As you see, their logos will need
to be visible because they are sponsoring a good amount of costs. Will
provide the detailed budget of these.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org