Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC budget

After a phone call to Vilanova there are some things that can be
confirmed. All this will be printed in a document and signed by the
Vilanova Council and the Generalitat de Catalunya.

En/na Quim Gil ha escrit:

>>* Equipment hire (typically this is not included in rental of the site -
>>check with university)
>

> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed. The University and the Museu Víctor Balaguer have their own
equipment. The tend hired includes sound equipment.

>>* Security (1 week, 2 guards, roughly €600 per day, see with university)
>

> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed. The university and the 2 museums (Víctor Balaguer and
Ferrocarril, where he tend is located) have their own security teams.
What we'll need to do is to brief them about our activities so they can
track better the spaces we use when we use them.

>>* Insurance (I have no idea)
>

> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed

>>* Network equipment (bandwidth?, switches, Wifi hotspots, extension
>>chords, see with college what they have)
>

> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed. Power cords will be provided/available in different places,
specially in the university's entrance hall. Network switches will also
be available somewhere in the university building. WiFi will be
available in the event locations. All this will be powered by the own
network of the university.

>>* Printing (T-shirts: 400 * €5 per, programmes: 500 for a total of
>>€1500, posters/banners?)
>

> Also printing the program. This falls in our side, yes.
>

>>* Hospitality (coffee/sandwiches/water fountain?)

We need to care ourselves about anything related to printing. They don't
have their own print/press/copy services.

> We initially decided that participants would pay their own drinks and
> food. We should have this hospitality for speakers and organisation team
> including volunteers, at least. We need to decide what we offer for how
> many people and then ask the university Cafeteria for a quote.

We are working on:

- Budget for lunch tickets in the cafeteria. The idea is: we buy an
amount of tickets to the cafeteria and this way we assure n people
having lunch everyday. We need to think how to sell/deliver these
tickets. People will have very economic prices geting them, otherwise
they will go themselves to the cafeteria or whatever. Dinner is not
included.

- Budget for coffee, tee, croissants, sandwiches etc mainly for
speakers, staff, volunteers, press... The rest can help themseleves in
the cafeteria.

>   Facilities
>      Payment to the university        -- ?
>
> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed.

>      Hiring a sound technician        -- ?
>      (necessary if we rent sound equipment)
>
> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement???? Need to ask.

Confirmed, if we are asking for a regular technician that makes sure the
 sound works etc. The university and museum Víctor Balaguer have them.
The tend will have one "included" in the renting. If we need more
skilled profiles like video DJs etc  ;) we need to provide them ourselves.

>      Renting the tent                 -- ?
>
> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed.

>      Refreshments/catering            -- ?
>
> See "Hospiality" above

Confirmed.

>      Renting sound equipment
>      (especially for the tent)        -- ?
>
> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed.

>      Renting video camera(s)          -- ?
>
> Ok, this is not covered. Please specify needs and, if possible a quote
> since Fluendo/you will be managing the video operation.

Confirmed this is not covered by the very famous agreement. Will talk
about it tomorrow in the Barcelona meeting.

>      Networking expenses              -- ?
>      (speaking of which, how do we get network there?)
>
> Covered by the Vilanova - Generalitat agreement.

Confirmed.

So, you see that a non small percentage of sponsorship work was done in
the earliest stages of the Barcelona 2006 candidature. This is something
I recommend to any GUADEC host in the following years.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org