Re: [guadec-list] Core vs. before/after

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Dave Neary wrote:

> > - Behnam Esfahbod and anyone else familiar with BOFs, project meetings
      ^^^^^^
Should read Behdad. :)

> > and hands-on work will give a hand defining what needs to be defined in
> > relation to the After Hours Workshops (AHW).
>
> For after hours, I think less is more.
>
> We should define what space we have, the resources needed for them (flip
> charts? Pads & pens? tables & chairs?), label rooms, create a wiki page,
> reserve certain rooms for all day events we know will be happening, and
> then leave people to fill in the blanks themselves. This kind of
> approach has worked well in the past.

Yes, that's basically what I had in mind.  I don't think any
planning is needed before GUADEC itself.  During the week we can
start announcing the major events for the After Hours (adhoc
tracks, etc), and finally, manage the event, as in keeping an
announcements board, allocating rooms and tables to groups,
projectors, ordering pizza if people ask for, etc...

> Cheers,
> Dave.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/