Re: [guadec-list] Core vs. before/after

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
> As you know many self-organizative processes need some ignition to kick
> them off.
I agree :)

> We'll try to do this next week, but not alone:
> - Rodrigo Moya from GNOME Hispano, Lluís Sánchez from the Catalan
> session and hopefully someone else (WE NEED YOU) familiar with
> i18n/l10n, GNOME local groups, introductory tutorials etc will give a
> hand defining what needs to be defined for the WarmUp Weekend (WUW).

At the very least, GUADEC-ES should have a schedule, and all sessions
currently listed during the weekend should have a language code (es, ca,
fr, ...).

> - Behnam Esfahbod and anyone else familiar with BOFs, project meetings
> and hands-on work will give a hand defining what needs to be defined in
> relation to the After Hours Workshops (AHW).

For after hours, I think less is more.

We should define what space we have, the resources needed for them (flip
charts? Pads & pens? tables & chairs?), label rooms, create a wiki page,
reserve certain rooms for all day events we know will be happening, and
then leave people to fill in the blanks themselves. This kind of
approach has worked well in the past.

> It would be good that in the meantime the GNOME Board decides where goes
> the embedded/mobile forum (Jeff Waugh is in charge),

This is not a board thing.

> the Advisory Board meeting and the GNOME Board meeting

The GNOME board meeting will be all day Sunday. We will need a room for
8 people for Sunday morning until lunchtime, for the afternoon we're
going to try something a little less formal.

The advisory board meeting will be all day Thursday. We will need a room
for 20 people all day, plus some presentations material (projector et al).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary