Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC logo and web theme contests

En/na David Neary ha escrit:

> Also, I'm not sure prize money is necessary or desirable. Paying the
> pssage to GUADEC might be enough, no?

This is the money I was talking about:

"The winner gets 2 GUADEC registrations, 5 nights hotel for 2 people and
up to 300€ in travel expenses (the total amount of 1 person trip if
member of the GNOME Foundation or GUADEC participant in the past)."

The 300€ are not a blank check. If your return flight to Barcelona/Reus
airport costs 35€ this is the money you will get. If it costs 400€ you
will get covered by 300€, unless you are member of the Foundation or
previous GUADEC assistant (we were talking about advantages of being
member of the GNOME foundation).

All this means the winners won't get a extra cent for thir pockets.

Since the winners will be known circa february, there is time to book
flights in advance (cheaper) and include them in the accomodation group
booking (cheaper). I guess we can ask for 1.500€-2.000€ for sponsoring
these contests. Or the cost of 4 GUADEC registrations if the sponsor
deals with the rest (in the case of he Vilanova Tourist Office this
might happen).

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org