Re: About Gtranslator 2.0

Em Ter, 2008-12-30 às 13:02 +0100, Pablo Sanxiao escreveu:
> IMHO order by status can be very useful. If you're going to translate
> a PO file that is translated to 90%, for instance, I think would be
> very useful to have all the untranslated messages at the beginning.

IIRC poEdit likes to sort messages by status. That makes it harder for
me to understand what do the messages mean, because we lose some
context. For instance, the label of a menu item or button usually comes
near its tooltip, and so do the short and the long descriptions of a
gconf pair. Besides, when you translate a message its status is changed,
and so does the place (in the list) where it belongs. That's why I'd
rather have messages sorted by ID, and then navigate through them with a
"next untranslated/fuzzy" shortcut.

> Bookmarks would be a very appreciate feature. We have to think how to
> implement it but not for the 2.0 version.
> I think we have to focus in making stable and free of bugs (if this is
> really possible) ;-) the current features. The "Go to" can be useful
> for now, if you remember the ID of the message :-/

Couldn't agree more.

> Maybe if we could get another icons more descriptive we could remove
> the "Status" word of the header, but with the current ones I think
> it's necessary to keep "Status"

Again, I agree.

--
Leonardo Fontenelle