Re: Fwd: Re: What does the file extension ".hg" mean?

On 29/06/2013 15:02, John Emmas wrote:

I just took a look at the MsysGit machine and you're right.! 'rm' / cp' / 'cmp' etc are all present on it. So if I just switch my gtkmm development to that machine, hopefully this will "just work". Many thanks.

Great news - yes it does work! I can successfully generate 'cc' and 'h' files from their corresponding 'ccg' and 'hg' counterparts. Just one tiny problem left to solve. Let's take this as an example.... Assume that I park myself in 'gio/src'. Here (slightly abbreviated for clarity) is the command I'd need to issue in order to build 'action.cc' and 'action.h:-

        perl gmmproc -I ../../tools/m4 --defs . action . ../giomm

By replacing the word "action" with "actiongroup", I'd then build 'actiongroup.cc' and 'actiongroup.h' etc, etc.

My question is this... is there a way to build ALL the ccg and hg files in a given folder using just a single command? I realise I can build everything by creating a big loop but I wondered if there's a more direct route. I tried the obvious approach (wildcards):-

        perl gmmproc -I ../../tools/m4 --defs . * . ../giomm

        perl gmmproc -I ../../tools/m4 --defs . *.* . ../giomm

but that approach doesn't work. Obviously, I don't mind making a big loop if that's the only way to do it but I just wondered if there's a simple way to build everything in one hit? Some special parameter I can pass or something like that. Thanks.

John