Re: Source files missing from tarball 2.36.2

On 27 Jun 2013, at 10:24, Murray Cumming wrote:

These, like most, but not all, .h and .cc files, are generated during
the "make" stage. There shouldn't be anything special about the Tls*.c
files. However, these are fairly new files, so maybe something in the
MSVC build needs to be told about them.

I don't know how the MSVC builds have previously achieved this.

Thanks Murray,

From my previous conversations about this (a week or so ago) it seemed like the auto-generated sources need a
macro processor called M4.  There doesn't to be a standalone version of M4 that will work for someone
developing with MSVC.  M4 can definitely be obtained for Windows but only by installing some other compiler
such as Cygwin and (possibly) MinGW.  I asked on some other programming forums too but nobody knew of an
alternative solution.

I then asked (here) if it would be possible to include the auto-generated sources in git but that suggestion
didn't go down very well and I was advised to abandon git and build from tarballs.  But that doesn't work
either because not all the sources are present in the tarballs either.

I'll examine the makefiles to see if some other tool gets used for building those modules (i.e. something
that's not M4) but to be honest, if the files are quite new I suspect that someone just forgot to add them to
the tarball.

John