Re: What does the file extension ".hg" mean?

On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 09:19 +0100, John Emmas wrote:
On 24/06/2013 08:45, Gavin Lambert wrote:

The upstream library updates are fairly
convoluted and painful at present -- but that's in part precisely because
various people have hand-rolled things in various different languages at
different times, which is an excellent example of how "flexibility" leads to
added complexity).

Not at all, Gavin.  It's an example of how inflexible tools and 'bolt
ons' lead to compounded inflexibility further down the line. Other
libraries are addressing these problems.  If gtkmm and glibmm don't
address them, they'll probably end up becoming sidelined.

Once more, please use the tarballs. It's what they are for. If you don't
want to deal with git then please don't. We won't spend time telling you
how to do something that we don't think you should do.

You should do the same for GTK+ and other autotools-based projects.
Maybe you managed to build them somehow without generating their usual
build files, but you surely haven't generated everything properly.

www.openismus.com