Re: Clarification for the application of GVariant/Glib::Variant maybe types

I'm merely thinking about how it could be added to the API.

I am also curious how such an addition will look like.

http://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.30/gvariant-text.html#gvariant-text-maybe-types

Will this functionality be mapped to nullable "value object" containers?
http://developer.gnome.org/glibmm/2.30/classGlib_1_1VariantContainerBase.html

I imagine that the following functions will be useful.
- g_variant_is_maybe
- g_variant_can_be_maybe
- g_variant_convert_to_maybe (interface alternative for "g_variant_get_maybe")
- g_variant_set_to_nothing

How would they be integrated into your (template) class library?

Regards,
Markus