Re: Mapping of model attributes with unknown values to a corresponding widget display

> The VariantContainerBase class contains other variants.  It can contain
> what is called a maybe type which is one that may be null (see
> Glib::VariantType::create_maybe()[1]).  As I said, though, it may not be
> useful for your purposes.

I find the applicability of a "maybe" still unclear.
Are there any more explanations for this data type available?

Do useful method overloads exist for a safe cooperation with the GUI?

By the way: I would still prefer a template class for nullable types over a
"Variant style" interface.

Regards,
Markus