Re: Mapping of model attributes with unknown values to a corresponding widget display

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 18:13 +0200, Markus Elfring wrote:
> > If you're interested, glibmm has the Glib::Variant<> classes that I
> > think do allow the embedding of NULL elements.
>
> I do not see this functionality there so far.
> http://developer.gnome.org/glibmm/unstable/classGlib_1_1VariantBase.html
>
> I imagine that there needs to be a clear distinction between a nullable type and
> a corresponding value object interface.

The VariantContainerBase class contains other variants.  It can contain
what is called a maybe type which is one that may be null (see
Glib::VariantType::create_maybe()[1]).  As I said, though, it may not be
useful for your purposes.

[1]
http://developer.gnome.org/glibmm/stable/classGlib_1_1VariantType.html#aeac7660b174a80c9ae1ade6da36fac15

--