Re: demo assistant

Hi, again,

> You didn't write a patch. You wrote some code. And in several ways that
> code wasn't in the style of the existing examples, so I asked David to
> write something from scratch, because it's simple.

I don't think it's worth to waste time on this. If it's done, I'm fine.
1month ago I didn't have time to work on patches. And I think I made it
clear that I don't want to install and compile all software related to git
code.
But I really don't want to discuss it. It is very nice that you are actually
working on it. thanks.

>> Second I asked for example on getting responses from assistant and you
>> say CC David King. Why don't you cc him along replying to my posting. I
>> don't have his e-mail. If you don't want to cc him, why don't you just
>> send me his e-mail.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to actually CC him. I'm not perfect.

ok, so you are nicer as I thought ;-) please ask him to add something in the
example to get this clear.

>> This is exactly like firstlevel support in an odd company, where
>> something is said only to bounce the customer back.
>
> I suggested to you how to do it. I told you that we'll fix the example
> soon to show you _exactly_ how to do it. And honestly, this is
> elementary C++
>
> For unpaid support that seems more than reasonable. If you want a
> perfect response in minutes rather than days then maybe you'd like to
> pay someone to do it.

Hi, it's not urgent. I am not working on commercial app. I could do it
myself, but so far everything I've tested looks ugly ... so I think you
know the API better and can suggest something elegant as in all your
examples.

Please, don't take everything that personal. Let's discuss the issue not the
circumstances.

>> I can not demand on more cooperativeness (as we are doing all this on
>> free bases), but it would be extremely nice and helpful if you'd do so.
>> (And by you I mean all)
>>
>> About the actual problem.
>> I was also thinking to pass variables as pointers to the assistant, but I
>> really need to call a function when apply is called, so I was thinking of
>> kind of callback or something. The issue is that I would have to cross
>> link the two windows.
>
> So I would have a get_result() function in my derived Window class.

I think I'll wait to see what you'll show in the examples.

Thanks and kind regards