Re: demo assistant

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 09:35 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 11:46 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> If somebody is looking for assistant example in the demo apps here is a
> >> patch and code.
> >>
> >> regards
> >>
> >> PS: it should be working and be applicable in theory to git source but I
> >> have tested it only with 2.6.18
> >
> > There's already an assistant example in
> > gtkmm-documentation/examples/book, also mentioned in the gtkmm book:
> >
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/sec-multi-item-containers.html.en#sec-assistant
> >
> > David King added this a few days ago.
> >

> Thanks, for the hint. I have gone the same way shown in the example.
> Unfortunately I have stumbled on one problem I can not solve. I have to
> exchange data between the assistant and the main window. How would someone
> do it? Can you give me another hint?
> I need basically to get the data from the assistant in the main window after
> apply() is called in the assistant. What would one experienced programmer
> do (I'm not that advanced)?
> We have many examples on how to deal with dialogues from within another
> window, but there is no example on how to get a return value from
> Assistant.

I think it's just a matter of accessing the child widgets. I would make
the widgets (or pointers to them) member variables of a derived Window
or Assistant.

This is obviously something we should show in the assistant example, in
ExampleWindow::on_assistant_apply(). CCing David King so he can add it
to his to do list, please.

www.openismus.com