Re: Is there a way to help gtkmm for website translation?

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 19:24 +1000, Tao Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it would be a good to support multi-language for gtkmm
> website, user guide and reference. When I introduce gtkmm to my
> friends, many of them stop their first try after visit gtkmm website,
> because they are really not good at English.
>
> I want to help on gtkmm website translation, and later for more stuff.
> Could you tell me how?
>
> And I found http://library.gnome.org/ support multi-language, which
> shows gtkmm tutorial has English and German version. However, I cannot
> found the hint on gtkmm website. So, I'm also worried that will the
> translation be shown on gtkmm site, after someone translated the
> tutorial.

This should be fairly easy, because we use DocBook XML and already have
the build set up to allow translation via .po files (via xml2po). But I
have just now asked for gtkmm-documentation to be supported by the
http://l10n.gnome.org/ site, so it will be even easier. Hopefully I can
give clear instructions soon.

www.openismus.com