Re: About method macro

On Jan 18, 2008 3:04 PM, Naveen Verma <ernaveenverma gmail com> wrote:
> Now one thing I still did not understand how we can
> create a new m4 _CONVERSION macro for any data type conversion if it is not
> already defined.
>
> I check it the "Wrapping C library"document. There is a one example, but I
> did not understand the third argument with $2, $3 values.
>
> Is there any more clear document?

It's m4 syntax. See [1] for instance. $n refers to macro argument n.
However, you can simply look at the convert_* files in tools/m4 - there
are plenty examples which you can use as templates, even without much
thinking about m4.

    Marko

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/m4/Input-processing.html