Re: Initial position of windows

Yes, that does help. Thanks.

Bruce Sherwood

Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
On 12/18/07, Bruce Sherwood <Bruce_Sherwood ncsu edu> wrote:
I thought I had tried "window->set_position(Gtk::WIN_POS_NONE)" and
failed, but
trying it again now it of course works. Thanks for the encouragement to
try again.

I have a related (possibly ill-formed) question: What documentation
should I have found that
would tell me things like "It's just a namespaced version the GTK+
enum"? Is it expected
that one read the gtkmm header files to sort this out? I found the basic
gtkmm tutorial
quite useful, but at some point I got lost trying to understand for
example what are the
names of methods for a window when in gtkmm.

Bruce Sherwood

Well, have you looked at the API reference at
http://gtkmm.org/documentation.shtml?  Because if you look at the
Gtk::Window::set_position() function [1], you can click on the
WindowPosition type which will give you a list of its possible
enumeration values.  The values are not shown with a Gtk:: prefix, but
everything in gtkmm is in the Gtk namespace (and likewise all of the
GDK stuff is in a Gdk namespace and all of the pango stuff is in a
Pango namespace, etc.).  Does that help at all?

[1] http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Window.html#ce2f64d36b5c1574073fc7c6e03df7a3