Re: Initial position of windows

Thanks for the help; that indeed works. In retrospect, I see I was (am) suffering from information overload....

Perhaps you can educate me about the following related issues. If I show_all, then move, it all works fine (there's presumably the risk of a flash, though I haven't seen it). If on the other hand I move, then show_all, two strange/bad things happen: 1) Trying to move to (0,0) gives a random placement; I have to move to (1,0) or (0,1) or (1,1) to get near the northwest corner. 2) If I run an extended desktop with two physical displays, the window flashes briefly and then disappears (behavior is normal if I show_all before the move). I guess I can live with show_all before move, but this behavior does seem strange.

Somewhere I thought I read that one should explicitly set_position before doing the move, so I tried this:

Gtk::WindowPosition initpos = WIN_POS_NONE;
window->set_position(initpos);
window->move(x,y);

But this and variants give me compilation errors.on the first statement (no such thing as WIN_POS_NONE, etc.). It seems likely that I'm confused in the multiple layers of gtkmm vs gtk+....??

Bruce Sherwood

Joaquim Duran wrote:
En/na Jonathon Jongsma ha escrit: