Re: gtkmm and boost

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 09:37 +0800, manphiz wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
> > good grief. this is appallingly reasonable and thus totally
> > unacceptable. what happened to a good old week long flame fest? have we
> > really sunk that far into mediocrity?
> >
> > :))
>
> Not being an native English speaker, I don't quite get the idea :(

I'm sorry, my dry english understated humor doesn't tend to go down well
on the list.

> So sorry if I sounded like bringing up the old mediocre flame fest,
> because I didn't mean it and it's the last thing I want to talk about. I
> just wanted to say that I understood the situation, and I'm going to
> live with it. So let's stop this clich�nd let it rot in wherever it was :)

Not at all. I was offering an ironic compliment on the reasonableness
and civility with which you accepted people's comment on why gtkmm is
the way it is. That kind of polite, informed acceptance doesn't happen
very often.

--p