Re: gtkmm and boost

Like you mention, its always going to be a balancing act.

I think the thing you need to remember when thinking about changing
parts of the backend of Gtkmm is that it *is* a wrapper around Gtk.
There's no getting around that. Replacing things like Glib::RefPtr
with boost::shared_ptr are probably just not going to happen.

There will always be a whole host of issues that would simply not
exist if the original Gtk were written in C++. But had it been, it
probably would've been replaced by somethg else by now.

Paul Davis