Re: gtkmm and boost

Boost is not a stable API. If it ever declares API and ABI stability
then we could use it. Using boost now would break already-installed
applications and break compilation of applications when boost is
upgraded.

When parts of the Boost API become part of the official C++ standard
then we would use that API where appropriate. For instance, we hope to
port to a standard C++ signals API in the future. That API was largely
based on libsigc++ anyway.