Re: [gtkmm] Win32 development installation instructions

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:45:27 +0700
Akbar <linux cwazy co uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 19:20, Daniel Sundberg wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:53:05 +0700
> > Akbar <linux cwazy co uk> wrote:
> >

> > > Make sure that you don't install the library ( gtk and gtkmm ) in the
> > > same directory where you install msys and mingw32 stuff so that the
> > > stuff in bin directory from gtk and gtkmm library not mixing with stuff
> > > in bin directory from msys and mingw32.
> >
> > I have done that. That's not the problem, the problem is that pkg-config included with gtk does not seem to work with msys (but it works with cygwin). The other problem is that aclocal/autoconf/automake included in cygwin does not seem to work properly...
> >
> > /Daniel
>
> It's weird. Because I got the same problems as yours. I asked in mingw
> forum. The guy in the forum told me to install the library in different
> directory. And now...... really.... I can compile successfully gtkmm
> sources with gtkmm library and with g++ that comes from mingw. I use
> msys environment to compile the gtkmm sources. No, I don't use cygwin.

Ok, I found your previous post a little bit confusing so maybe I got something wrong. Anyway, I seem to have it working now. What I did was to install gtk+ and gtkmm into c:\mingw instead of c:\msys and that appearantly did the trick. Also I had to copy libxml-2.0.pc from my linux system to my win32 system. Anyway, I'm up and running and can move on to coding. I will try to summarize my experience in some kind of tutorial that I will post to the mailinglist as soon as I have verfied that it works (on a clean system).

Regards
Daniel Sundberg
http://sumpan.com