Re: [gtkmm] Win32 development installation instructions

At 12:38 PM 3/10/2004, Daniel Sundberg wrote:

> It seems to me that there are at least 4 different possible
> configurations that people might mean when they loosely refer to
> "cygwin" under Windows.

I agree. And the lack of recommendations from developers makes it even harder for developers wanting to port their applications to win32. I still havn't found a guide on how to setup everything (including gettext, libxml and more) so that it works out of the box. You always have to do some tweaking...

Exactly. Even though I tried to make it clear in the gtkmm/README.win32 file that I was using cygwin+mingw32 (config 3) to compile gtkmm on win32, I decided not to go into lengthly, step by step details, precisely because of the many different configurations (+ Dev-C++ !!!).

About libglade, libxml2, ..., they are now part of the dropline installer (along with glade !). I'm considering doing the same think with libglademm (and maybe libxml++) in the next gtkmm(-2.4) installer.

Cedric