Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm RPMs for Fedora Core 2; peless, please try it out.

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 15:33 -0400, Julian Missig wrote:
> On 3 Jun, 2004, at 15:23, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 15:10 -0400, Julian Missig wrote:
> >
> >> I don't disagree that the Fedora people are the appropriate ones to
> >> talk to, I've done so on several occasions. Quite a few of them are
> >> still of the opinion that as a general rule they don't like to include
> >> libraries if they're not including an app which depends on them. We
> >> need to keep pushing them to get gtkmm including in the Official
> >> repository.
> >
> > No, as I understand it, they just haven't completed the merge yet. The
> > merge will make this issue irrelevant, or you'll be arguing about what
> > goes on the CD/DVDs instead. It should then be equivalent to debian,
> > which does not have this problem.
>
> Oh, well, then, why all this arguing? Since you're always right about
> this stuff then we just need to wait and gtkmm will be in official
> Fedora Core in no time!

No, people need to talk to Fedora about Fedora. It should be quite
obvious that bugging me about it is a waste of time. It's not that I
don't want to tell you how to get RPMs for Fedora, but I don't know, and
it doesn't matter how much people insist that I should tell them.

Based on your gabber experiences, you know full well the danger of
telling people to use 3rd party RPMs.