Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm RPMs for Fedora Core 2; peless, please try it out.

On 3 Jun, 2004, at 8:26, Murray Cumming wrote:

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 07:53 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 02:49 -0700, Denis Leroy wrote:
For crying out loud, where?

Why aren't you asking Fedora about Fedora RPMs?

Because we all know that they don't have them.

1. They do have RPMs for gtkmm 2.2. They might be in fedora.us rather
than fedora.redhat.com, but that's how Fedora works at the moment.
2. If you don't ask them, then they'll never know that you want them.
Why must I ask them on your behalf?

Fedora.us is NOT "official" fedora. Fedora.us's gtkmm RPMs are just as official as those in freshrpms. It's a repository just like any "third party" Debian repository. In other words, either way you have to add new sources for yum to even find them. As long as people add a repository and install the RPMs from that, there's little chance of them mixing and matching incorrect *mm RPMs. But yes, it would be nice if some day we could really get it in Fedora.

Julian