Re: [gtkmm] drawing pixels -- Gtk::DrawingArea

Barnaby Gray wrote:
> The -z3 option is your friend, eq:
> cvs -z3 co gtkmm2
>
> Barnaby

Yup. The instructions on
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/cvs.shtml
say to use the -z3 option. :)

Ole Laursen wrote:
> It takes about 2 minutes to check out a fresh
> copy on a dual ISDN line. And
>
>   ole:~/cvs/gtkmm2$ du -s . -H
>   14M     .
>
> but most of it is text so it will be compressed
> quite a lot.

Wow. You're not kidding. The whole shebang took only
about 5 minutes on my 56k dialup.

What's weird though, is that "du -sh gtkmm2" shows 14M,
but right-clicking in Nautilus --> Properties tells me
it's only 8.4 MB (1781 files). Which one would you say
is correct? Just curious anyways.

Murray wrote:
> Note that example code for the book should be in the
> examples/book directory, and should be pulled into the
> book automatically, like 95% of the current example
> code in the book already is.

Cool. FYI, note that
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch22.html
doesn't mention the examples/book directory (only the
gtkmm-tut.xml file).

Now, I'd like to replace the ~/cvs/gtkmm2/examples/book main.cc,
mayarea.cc, and myarea.h files entirely with my own -- but
what doesn't make sense is that they are entirely different
than what appears in the book:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch14s03.html

Are they in fact aleady updated, but just not making it into
the documentation?

Finally, according to the instructions here
http://www.gtkmm.org/bugs.shtml
for creating a patch file, does "edit the change log" mean
edit the line at the very top of the file, or is there some
changelog file somewhere?

Thanks,
---j