[gtkmm] Cross Process Dispatcher

I'm currently developing a rather large application, that has a few
other apps sending data to it.  I've implemented this via threads and
using a Dispatcher to communicate the new data to the main GUI thread.

This system is a bit kludgey and unnecessarily complex.  In about 4
weeks, after a large "Dog and Pony show" my client is having, I'll have
some major redesign time.  One of the things I may be planning is adding
2 things to the dispatcher.  I have not throughly thought these through
so if I'm totally off base please feel free to tell me so.

1. The ability to use named pipes for interprocess communication.
2. The ability to have parameters for the Dispatcher.
	Glib::Dispatcher<int, bool, char> disp;
	disp.emit(1234, true, 'A');

Is there anybody else doing this so I'm not reinventing the wheel?
Would these features be welcome?
Assuming the code is good would they make it into the main code base?

Thanks in advance for any input.

--
Richard Reich <rreich rdrtech com>