Re: [gtkmm] UTF8 filenames? (Was One thing we didn't really discuss: ustring vs string)

> > I have most partitions mounted with ISO-8859-2 encoding but one of
them is
> > UTF-8 and Gtk's file dialog doesn't display it's files correctly.
>
> This is a different problem: I have a directory name, containing an
> umlaut (LANG variable and filesystem use the ISO-8859-1 encoding). This
> directory is not shown in the gtk+ file dialog and a warning is emitted
> to the console, whenever I try listing a directory with files containing
> umlauts. This can be worked around by setting the environment variable
> G_BROKEN_FILENAMES.

If you use ISO-8859-1 encoding and have localized characters then you
really have broken filenames.
But there is absolutely nothing broken in UTF8 filenames :)

Jarek

Odwiedzaj mnie... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1638