Re: [gtkmm] UTF8 filenames? (Was One thing we didn't really discuss: ustring vs string)

> Maybe I can explain a bit, since I was the one that did originally
> submit that bug report to gtk+. Normally all gtk+ passed to and from
> gtk+ are UTF-8 encoded. This is not true for the [gs]et_filename methods
> of GtkFileSelection. These expect the filename in the filename encoding
> (i.e. in this case the same encoding the open() call expects), which is
> then internally tranformed to UTF-8. (This was broken in versions prior
> to 2.0.5.)

Actually it is still broken in 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 but not as much as in
previous versions :)

I have most partitions mounted with ISO-8859-2 encoding but one of them is
UTF-8 and Gtk's file dialog doesn't display it's files correctly.

Jarek

Zaryzykujesz staly zwiazek? >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1637