Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] patch to allow use with OS X Screen Sharing

Anthony Liguori skrev:
There is no 4.0 protocol version so that server is broken.

I was under the impression that the RealVNC Personal and Professional
series used protocol 4.x (due to all the abuse going on in the 3.x series). But I have not verified this...

The above doesn't really matter as you noted below, a 4.0 protocol might appear any day and todays clients should give future servers a chance to interoperate.

I don't disagree with you that we should fall back to 3.8 if we encounter something > 3.8.

Cheers,
Peter