Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] patch to allow use with OS X Screen Sharing

Em Ter, 2008-04-01 às 00:58 -0400, Jin Choi escreveu:
> Using gtk-vnc-3.4 through vinagre on Ubuntu (hardy), any attempt to
> connect to an OS X Leopard machine with screen sharing on resulted in an
> immediate closed connection.
>
> This thread gives some idea of what's going on:
> http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2002-September/033513.html
>
> It seems AppleVNCServer advertises RFB 003.889, which would indicate
> that it speaks RFB 3.8, but really only speaks some variant of RFB 3.3.
>
> I applied the following patch to gvnc.c to smash the minor version to 3
> when presented with a minor version of 889 (similar to what appears to
> be done to support for UltraVNC), and now vinagre can connect to the OS
> X box.

Thanks, Jin for your investigation.

Although I agree we should have compatibility with most vnc servers
around, it sounds very weird to make lots of workarounds.

Anyway, I just pushed a variant of your patch, which should work just as
you tried.

http://gtk-vnc.codemonkey.ws/hg/outgoing.hg/rev/e40d5019d77e

Cheers,
--