Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] patch to allow use with OS X Screen Sharing

Jonh Wendell wrote:
Em Ter, 2008-04-01 às 20:24 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange escreveu:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 03:58:25PM -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
Em Ter, 2008-04-01 às 09:24 -0300, Jonh Wendell escreveu:

It seems AppleVNCServer advertises RFB 003.889, which would indicate that it speaks RFB 3.8, but really only speaks some variant of RFB 3.3.
Hi, folks. There's a bug around[1] complaining that vinagre doesn't
support RFB "004.000". Can I also workaround this to make it work as
003.003?

[1]-https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vinagre/+bug/206227
That bug claims xvnc4viewer supports the AdderLink server, so I looked at
their client code. They don't have an explicit workaround for this server.
Their logic is simply:

   if version < 3.3
        close the connection
   else if  version >= 3.3 and < 3.8
        use version 3.3
   else if version >= 3.8
        use version 3.8

So the last branch handles the 4.0 version number by pretending it is
version 3.8

Dan

With this patch gtk-vnc works just like xvncviewer, as Dan has commented
above.

The side effect of this (which I agree here) is that for the
weird AppleVNCServer, we are going to do a 3.8 negotiation.

Comments?

Looks good to me.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori