Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] gtk-vnc trouble

Anthony Liguori wrote:
>>> Also qemu should probably *not* provide that extention when started with
>>> "-usb -usbdevice tablet", right?
>> Yeah, or made configurable. With the series of patches I sent for adding
>> password auth, and TLS encrption the -vnc arg takes a list of comma
>> separated options, eg
>>
>>     -vnc localhost:1,passwd,x509
>
> The problem isn't the extension on the server.  I think we just have to
> adjust what we're doing on the client.  The extension just provides more
> information to the client.  It's better to just do the right thing on
> the client than to hack the server such that it doesn't give the client
> the extra information to prevent it from doing the wrong thing.

Doing that on the client side works too and has the obvious advantage
that you can present it in the GUI, so it isn't sorta "black magic" to
the user.  Nevertheless it would be useful to know for the client
whenever relative or absolute coordinates are more useful (i.e. usb
tablet vs. ps2 mouse), so it could present "relative/absolute/automatic"
choice to the user.

cheers,
  Gerd