[gtk-vnc-devel] gtk-vnc trouble

  Hi folks,

I've recently tried to switch over my vnc client from libvncserver over
to gtk-vnc.  Meanwhile it works almost as good as it used to before,
with a few remaining issues.

Number one and most annonying is the i18n keyboard problem.  My app used
to simply send us keysyms unconditionally.  Hackish, agreed.  Worked
reasonable well though, with the exception of keys not presend on us
keyboards.  Doesn't work any more as the keyboard handling is now in the
widget source ...

I remember there was some discussion on creating a vnc extention to
allow sending keycodes instead of keysyms, which would fundamentally
solve the keyboard mapping problems.  What is the state here?  Does it
exist?  qemu support?  gtk-vnc support?

Next problem is that the vnc_display_set_*_grab() functions seem to have
no effect.  Any hints on that one?

Also vnc_display_open(), vnc_display_close(), then again
vnc_display_open() with the same widget instance doesn't work.

cheers,
  Gerd