Re: Gtk3 Tutorial

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Brian Manning <elspicyjack gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Dave M <dave nerd gmail com> wrote:
Ok, I've finished a semi-decent draft of a Perl version of the Python
tutorial.  Anyone know how to get it onto gnome.org now?  I've asked
on gtk+ IRC channel but have not received an answer yet... is there a
better place to ask?

You need a gnome.org account to post an existing repo and/or create
new git repos on gnome.org.
Great - I'll start researching that now.

https://github.com/dave-theunsub/gtk3-perl-demos is the current repo
for your work, correct?
Those are related but different.  That repo consists of Gtk3 examples
based on the Gtk2 examples.

Torsten and other project devs, how do you want to go forward with this?

Also, a couple comments on this draft:
1. The Python version uses quite a few GIO examples.  In some cases I
found different ways to do the same objective; in a few others, I just
didn't or wasn't able to do them.
2. The unicode page is semi-weak, and I don't feel smart enough to do
it justice.  If someone else would like to take a stab at writing that
page or $something_else, that'd be just great.

What's the name of the unicode page and/or section that you think is
weak?  I can definitely take a look at it.
I don't know where else to post it, so here's a link to a Mallard
version.  Save it and run "yelp strings.pl.page", or just recommend
better text to use.
All I did was remove the Python-specific text and add an example for that page.

Thanks,
Dave