Re: Gtk3 Tutorial

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

On 4 September 2012 10:30, kevinphilp <kevin cybercolloids net> wrote:
Emmanuele,
Quite a few of the examples I use are based on examples from the C and
Python tutorials. I will check out the Vala tutorial and see what I can
"borrow" from their.

I apologize, I clearly wasn't clear.

what I meant was literally making a Perl translation of the Beginner's Tutorial:

  http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-devel-demos/unstable/tutorial.py.html.en

this tutorial is pretty good at introducing GTK+ to a new developer
(they have been written by new developers for new developers :-)) and
the docs team is going to expand them with other technologies of the
GNOME platform available through introspection.

the documentation and code are available in Git:

  http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-devel-docs

the translation should then go on developer.gnome.org, and it will be
translatable and available even off line.

this would improve the visibility of the Perl bindings in the GNOME
platform as well.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

If no one else is interested, I'll take a stab at it.  I've already
written a series of examples here
(https://github.com/dave-theunsub/gtk3-perl-demos), and it probably
wouldn't be too hard to change them to fit the tutorial.  Good
practice, too.

Thanks,
Dave M