Re: ExtUtils::PkgConfig test failures on OpenBSD

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
Could you use the version number of the pkg-config replacement to check
whether the tests should be skipped?  Then the SKIP block wouldn't have to
be removed later.  That's how, say, Gtk2 handles newer gtk+ versions.

First try at a patch; tested on OpenBSD 5.2, Debian Squeeze (6.0) and
OS X 10.7 (Lion).

The version of pkg-config that's in OpenBSD's CVS tree is reporting
0.27.1, but if you get the wrong version of 0.27.1 from CVS, it won't
have the fix for the --max-version issue.  The fix for --max-version
was applied in [1].

I put pkg-config 0.26 in my patch for 3.t as the threshold for
skipping the --max-version tests. Since OpenBSD releases twice a year,
the next release in May will contain a pkg-config script that reports
version 0.27.1, but it will also include my fix for --max-version.
AFAIK, cpantesters only use released versions of the OS, not
in-between CVS builds.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  If I don't hear any
complaints within a week or two, I'll push this change to the repo at
git.gnome.org and do a new release for it.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/pkg-config/pkg-config?annotate=1.76