ExtUtils::PkgConfig test failures on OpenBSD

Hi all,

Devs with CPAN access to Gtk2-Perl modules have probably been
receiving test failure reports for ExtUtils::PkgConfig on OpenBSD
similar to this one [1].

I had some tuits last night and dug into the problem.  You know that
old joke that about your job being replaced with a Perl script?  Well,
on OpenBSD, the pkg-config binary from freedesktop.org [2] actually
has been replaced with a Perl script [3].  The OpenBSD Perl script
rewrite of the pkg-config binary is not honoring the --max-version
command line switch, which causes one of the tests for this switch in
ExtUtils::PkgConfig to fail.

I just spotted the actual bug in their Perl pkg-config replacement,
and will submit a patch shortly.

My question here is, is the noise from this test worth adding a SKIP
case for the tests in ExtUtils::PkgConfig on OpenBSD, or can we/should
we just ignore the test failures until it's fixed upstream?

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/d2fbd25c-3bec-11e2-8669-e1a096fec937
[2] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config