Re: ExtUtils::PkgConfig test failures on OpenBSD

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On 08.12.2012 00:49, Brian Manning wrote:
I had often wondered what these failures were about.  Nice work tracking the
problem down!

I agree with muppet here: if it's easy to do, we should skip the test.

Also, a word of warning in the docs about --max-version on OpenBSD would be
nice.

The OpenBSD devs accepted my one-liner patch[1].

OpenBSD releases every 6 months, the last release was on November 1st,
so next release will be May 1st, 2013.

Given the info about the next release, is the noise (test failed
notices from cpantesters) acceptable to people until the next release
of OpenBSD, or do you want a quick release of EU::PC with SKIP blocks
on OpenBSD for the max-version tests, and then do another release of
EU::PC in May after the next OpenBSD release has been verified on
cpantesters?

At least the problem has been diagnosed...

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/pkg-config/