Re: Application Crashed When "require/use Gtk2" in A Perl Plugin of Pidgin

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Leno Lin <leno lin gmail com> wrote:
Hi, Emmanuel:

Yeah, I've read this article before and imported Gtk2 by using "require Gtk2".
My script used to worked fine in Pidgin 2.5.x, but keep crashing Pidgin after upgrading to 2.6.x. either "require" or "use"
And yes, I think the support to Perl API is indeed weaker than native C API.
Sad :(
I have a feeling that the Perl bindings for Pidgin are not supported.
For example, I originally wanted to call some of my callback functions through the conversation menu items, but since Perl API hasn't support it yet, I had to move this to slash command.
However, using Perl still takes advantage of easy installation and at least supports the basic functions that I need.
That's the reason I still stick on Perl.
You can still try to write a Perl script that would use Pidgin's D-Bus API. It exposes a lot of functions, but not all. Take a look at the scripts that I have here:

http://bratislava.pm.org/presentation/dbus/index.html

The script dbus-pidgin.pl should help you getting started.

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez