Re: deprecated method , Gtk2-Perl vs GTK documentation

On Jun 7, 2006, at 12:58 AM, Nathaniel Alderson wrote:

muppet wrote:
All that's necessary for the web docs is knowledge of converting POD to HTML.

I'm willing to help out with this. What exactly needs to be done and what's the process?

The basic process we've used in the past is to get all the stable modules you want to document in one tree (e.g., from checking out the whole CVS tree from gtk2-perl-xs), build them, and then collect all of the *.pod files from the */blib directories. Then convert all of these to HTML with your favorite converter, with the document root set to "/doc/pod" (so that they link correctly when copied to http:// gtk2-perl.sf.net/doc/pod).

The devil is in the details, of course. You need to make sure that your library versions are up-to-date -- e.g., the current stable gtk+ is 2.8.x; if you build the docs against gtk+ 2.4.x, there will be whole pages missing from the output.

The actual process you need to follow will depend entirely on the tool you're using. I can't really give more details because i haven't done this myself in about three years.

When you get all that together, make a tarball of the result and we'll upload it to the server.

--
Without treatment, a common cold will last about seven days.
With treatment, it will last about a week.