Re: deprecated method , Gtk2-Perl vs GTK documentation

Hi ,

En ce jour du Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:31:13 -0400 (EDT),
"muppet" <scott asofyet org> parlait ainsi :
David lacravate wrote:
But i have a question that's tricky to ask : i don't want to sound
demanding , i am just wondering why the online documentation is not up to
date .
The web pages are built on a single developer's PC and uploaded to the
website; they include whatever was in the version of gtk+ against which was
available at compile time.  In the case of the ones up there now, it was an
old gtk+, so lots of stuff is missing.  Also, the developer who did that for
us hasn't been able to do it since he moved across the country.

I suspected this . This is a shame (even though i am sure no one is
really to blame) , as your work is good and very much useful , it should
be better advertised and documented .

However, we're always open to contributers.  :-)

Well i was considering helping but i am not sure i have the required
skills . I know nothing of C , for instance .

One last question about the toolbar :
the deprecated utility methods insert_*, append_* and prepend_* , that
inserted item with tooltips, stock image and everything in just one go ,
don't exist anymore in any form ?

Do i have to create each and every element "by hand" , each with its own
characteristics ? Or is there any kind of

$toolbar->insert_stock('gtk-zoom-in', "Agrandir l'image", undef,
\&pixbuf_scale, '_', -1);

that does everything ?

Cheers :)

--