Re: deprecated method , Gtk2-Perl vs GTK documentation

On Jun 5, 2006, at 6:27 PM, David lacravate wrote:

En ce jour du Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:31:13 -0400 (EDT),
"muppet" <scott asofyet org> parlait ainsi :
However, we're always open to contributers.  :-)

Well i was considering helping but i am not sure i have the required
skills . I know nothing of C , for instance .

All that's necessary for the web docs is knowledge of converting POD to HTML.

One last question about the toolbar :
the deprecated utility methods insert_*, append_* and prepend_* , that
inserted item with tooltips, stock image and everything in just one go ,
don't exist anymore in any form ?

Do i have to create each and every element "by hand" , each with its own
characteristics ? Or is there any kind of

$toolbar->insert_stock('gtk-zoom-in', "Agrandir l'image", undef,
\&pixbuf_scale, '_', -1);

that does everything ?

Ah, no, the new stuff is actually more powerful and flexible. You can create a similar convenience method for yourself that would look like this:

sub MyToolbar::insert_from_stock {
    my ($toolbar, $stock_id, $tooltip, $index) = @_;
    my $item = Gtk2::ToolButton->new_from_stock ($stock_id);
    $item->set_tooltip ($tooltip);
    $toolbar->insert ($item, $index);
    return $item;
}

Yadda yadda yadda. The new-style toolbar is more fun and useful when you use it with Actions and UIManager, because you don't have to do stuff like this.

--
I bring the rock, and provided it is fiscally responsible, I will bring the funk as well. And that's fo-shizzle.
    -- Saturday Night Live