ANNOUCE: Zim

Greetings,

I want to announce a new gtk2-perl application I have been working on last month.

Zim is a WYSIWYG text editor written in Gtk2-Perl. It aims at bringing the concept of a wiki to your desktop. For example every page is saved as a text file with wiki markup. Pages can contain links to other pages, and are saved automatically. Creating a new page is as easy as linking to a non-existing page. This tool is intended to keep track of TODO lists or serve as a personal scratch book.

Homepage can be found at http://zoidberg.student.utwente.nl/zim/

I have implemented one custom class, the Gtk2::HyperTextView which is derived from TextView but is able to render links. I'm considering releasing this module onto CPAN as a separate package.

I also have one question for you people: I tried connecting to the 'insert-at-cursor' signal for Gtk2::Entry but this signal is never emitted. Are there known oddities with this signal or should I report on this?

Cheers!

-- Jaap  <pardus cpan>