Re: ANNOUCE: Zim

Uohhh!!!. I didn't see the application yet, but I think the idea is
wonderfull!!

Congratulations!
Peco

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 09:22 +0200, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
Greetings,

I want to announce a new gtk2-perl application I have been working on
last month.

Zim is a WYSIWYG text editor written in Gtk2-Perl. It aims at bringing
the concept of a wiki to your desktop. For example every page is saved
as a text file with wiki markup. Pages can contain links to other pages,
and are saved automatically. Creating a new page is as easy as linking
to a non-existing page. This tool is intended to keep track of TODO
lists or serve as a personal scratch book.

Homepage can be found at http://zoidberg.student.utwente.nl/zim/

I have implemented one custom class, the Gtk2::HyperTextView which is
derived from TextView but is able to render links. I'm considering
releasing this module onto CPAN as a separate package.

I also have one question for you people: I tried connecting to the
'insert-at-cursor' signal for Gtk2::Entry but this signal is never
emitted. Are there known oddities with this signal or should I report on
this?

Cheers!

-- Jaap  <pardus cpan>