Re: TreeStore documentation? (was: Going through a TreeStore)

A. Pagaltzis said:
I've been having a distinct feeling that "this could probably be
a little/lot simpler", but the iterator stuff is colossally
underdocumented.

as always, this has been a "lack of round tuits" situation.

Additionally, the Gtk2-Perl interface seems to
have made changes to what gets returned from the TreeModelIface
methods, so I can't even deduce from what scarce information
there is (floating about random places on the 'net, not in the
Gtk+ API doc).

the gtk+ API actually has a fair bit of documentation on the iters, at least
it makes sense to me.

the changes for gtk2-perl mostly involve creating new objects rather than
modifying objects created on the stack (since that's a C idiom that doesn't
translate well to perl).

If anyone writes a "iter_foo: this is supposed to bar the baz"
style quickref for all the TreeModelIface stuff (both C and
Perl), that will probably be phenomenally helpful to quite a few
people.

maybe not the quickref you're looking for, but attached is about twenty
minutes' worth of copy and/or adapting the descriptions in the gtk+ C api
reference into gtk2-perl pod form.  i haven't committed this (yet);
suggestions and patches welcome.  ;-)

(Either that, or point out the obvious resource I missed..)

do check out the treeview toot, linked from the gtk2-perl links page.

http://scentric.net/tutorial/

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>