Re: [RFC] Gtk2::SizeRecall - Persistently store and restore widgetsizes

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 20:57, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
* Emmanuele Bassi <bassi-e libero it> [2004-05-19 02:48]:
I still think that creating a new TLNS is a Bad Idea(tm)...

I agree, and in ideal world, it wouldn't even be an issue.

Alas, it's no ideal world, and people upload stuff to CPAN before
thinking about all of the issues. Mostly, they're just hacking on
some code in their free time for fun and they just want to put it
out there without thinking about formalities. You know, like who
cares about that stuff -- right?

I guess the question is:

    Does it bother us if people will just ignore this
    subnamespace and put things in Gtk2:: ?

we could put some nasty name space clobbering code in Gtk2 that went
through perl's symbol tables periodically got rid of anything we didn't
approve of. :)

there's no perfect answer, i would have to say that either Gtk2::Perl or
Gtk2Perl would work. either way enforcing it will be hard. we just need
to make a decision and hope for the best, heh.

on top of that, there's already a few things in the Gtk2 name-space that
probably shouldn't be (and we put them there)

--
-rm