Re: [RFC] Gtk2::SizeRecall - Persistently store and restore widgetsizes

* Emmanuele Bassi <bassi-e libero it> [2004-05-19 02:48]:
I still think that creating a new TLNS is a Bad Idea(tm)...

I agree, and in ideal world, it wouldn't even be an issue.

Alas, it's no ideal world, and people upload stuff to CPAN before
thinking about all of the issues. Mostly, they're just hacking on
some code in their free time for fun and they just want to put it
out there without thinking about formalities. You know, like who
cares about that stuff -- right?

I guess the question is:

    Does it bother us if people will just ignore this
    subnamespace and put things in Gtk2:: ?

Though saying "who cares" of course leads to the question of why
bothering in the first place..

Maybe Gtk2::PerlExtra, which mimics the libgtkextra collection.

That is better than anything I came up with, and indeed I think
it is perfect. Save for the aforementioned issue, it has my vote.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."